SeneDerm® Solutions Facial Resurfacer contains grains of Vanuatu Volcanic Ash to help you achieve a glowing, smooth skin surface. A little goes a long way with this powerful facial buffer that works to rid skin of impurities and reveal soft, revitalized skin.
The Science Behind the Product
As we age, our skin cycle slows down and natural exfoliation doesn’t occur as often as it does in youth. This effective facial buffer is just what you need to speed up cell turnover and reveal new skin.
This proprietary formula contains particles of natural Vanuatu Volcanic Ash excavated from a specific area of Mt. Yasur, the active volcano of Vanuatu. When analyzed, the ash particles were shown to contain over 70% titanium and 30% iron, magnesium and calcium. This is a perfect combination for exfoliating skin without irritating it, making this product an ideal alternative to harsh microdermabrasion treatments.
This formula offers more powerful exfoliation than SeneDerm® Solutions Polishing Exfoliator. Like Polishing Exfoliator, Facial Resurfacer also contains SenePlex Complex™ to speed cellular renewal and Nangai Oil to moisturize your skin.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
SeneDerm® Solutions Facial Resurfacer is made of a combination of ingredients. Here are a few key components:
- Volcanic Sand/Ash – used to buff and exfoliate dead layers of skin.
- Nangai Oil – a natural oil derived from the Nangai nut that helps skin maintain moisture.
- SenePlex Complex™ – Kinetic enzyme that increases cellular renewal.
- Corallina Officinalis (Blue Seaweed) Extract – helps prevent aging by hydrating, tightening, and toning the skin. Also provides sun protection.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract – a skin-conditioning agent used in cosmetics and beauty care products because of its ability to act in oxidative stress and improve skin conditions.
- Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder – used to prevent or reduce inflammation, as an astringent, and as a cleansing substance.
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil – a plant derived emollient that mimics the lipid content of the skin. It helps stabilize and maintain the structure of the skin’s complex inter-cellular matrix, preventing moisture loss and cell damage and promoting skin’s soft, smooth, healthy appearance.
- Sodium Lauroamphoacetate – used as a surfactant, cleansing agent, and foam booster.
- Sodium Trideceth Sulfate – used as a mild cleansing agent.
- Sodium Chloride – natural sea-salt used as a binding agent.
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate – a mineral beneficial to skin.
- Orchis Morio (Orchid) Flower Extract – used as a preparation of emollient products. This powerful anti-oxidant provides free- radical protection and maximum moisturization. The orchid extract is very effective as a sunscreen.
- Glucosamine HCL – enhances the body’s ability to manufacture collagen.
- Tocopheryl (and Tocopheryl Acetate) – Vitamin E, essential for maintaining the activities of enzymes in the cells and for the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant and has been shown to inhibit skin cancer and aid in the healing of skin ailments. Vitamin E is a dynamic weapon against premature aging and combating wrinkles by neutralizing free radicals to stop the chain reaction of molecular damage and to protect the skin against oxidation. It’s also believed to protect skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays once absorbed into the skin.
- Synthetic Urea- an organic compound topical antiseptic, buffering agent, humectant, and skin conditioner.
- Algae (Seaweed) Extract – hydrates, protects skin from the sun, and softens the skin. It is essential in the penetration of the top layer of the stratum corneum and enhances the skin’s ability to repair itself.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Sodium Hyaluronate has a smaller molecular size than Hyaluronic acid, causing it to easily penetrate the skin’s surface, and is able to retain a relatively large amount of water — up to 1,000 its own weight. This means it can penetrate to lower layers of the skin, attract and retain water, and promote nutrient absorption.
- Phenoxyethanol – an oily liquid used as a bactericide and topical antiseptic.
- Panthenol – Vitamin B complex is essential for formation of new healthy tissues.
- Caprylyl Glycol – plant derived skin-conditioning agent used as a preservative.
- Citric Acid – a preservative and sequestering ingredient (a preservative that prevents physical or chemical changes affecting color, flavor, texture or appearance of a product) to adjust alkali balance, and is also used as an astringent.
- Ethylhexylglycerin – a natural preservative used as an alternative to parabens that is derived from glycerin and can also be used as a deodorizer and skin conditioner. It also serves as a surfactant and preserving enhancer and acts as a safe preservative. Ethylhexylglycerin is a synthetic compound derived from grains and plants and works by reducing interfacial tension on the cellular walls of micro-organisms, promoting their more rapid destruction and a wider spectrum activity.