Our hands require extra care to balance, maintain and seal in moisture. SeneDerm® Hand Cream is packed with emollient rich Shea Butter to soothe and botanicals to protect skin, but leaves no greasy feeling behind. A little goes a long way as it ‘reactivates’ with water and rubbing throughout the day.
Hand Cream with Shea Butter
The Science Behind the Product
Hands typically seem to be much dryer than the rest of skin on the body because hands are usually more often exposed to water, cold, heat and extreme elements such as sunlight. Even the simple task of handling paper draws moisture from skin. Our hands require more moisturizing care by adding moisture and, just as important, covering the skin with a protective coating that helps to ‘seal in’ the moisture when applied.
Hand Cream with Shea Butter is packed with moisturizers, natural lubricants to help soothe skin; botanicals that help protect hands from sun exposure; botanicals that actually help to eliminate sun spots; and plant extracts that protect hands from free radicals.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
- SenePlex® Complex – Kinetic enzyme that increases cellular renewal.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera) – most known for moisturizing, soothing, and healing. Recent studies indicate that Aloe Vera gel has the ability to enhance and accelerate cellular growth.
- Algae (Seaweed) Extract – hydrates, protects skin from the sun, and softens the skin. It is essential in the penetration of the top layer of the stratum corneum and enhances the skin’s ability to repair itself.
- Borago Officinalis Seed Oil – used on problem skin and acne; it is very emollient and soothing and helps to reduce reddening of very sensitive skins. It has a skin clearing and lightening effect and promotes healthy skin growth. Borago furthermore has good anti-inflammatory action and also acts as a hormonal balancer.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) – The scientific name for shea butter, considered as a plant lipid. Lipids are the oil and fat components of skin that prevent moisture evaporation from the skin and provide lubrication to the skin’s surface. Lipids are considered as a natural moisturizer.
- Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract – Proven effective in boosting the immune function of skin cells and protecting them against the damaging effects of the sun. White tea extract is prepared from the unopened buds of the camellia sinensis (green tea) plant, it is a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Yeast Extract – a dietary source of folic acid (a member of the vitamin B complex) aids in formation of new healthy tissues and promotes new cell formation.
- Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract – a plant native to the South Pacific, which has long been a source of excellence for the preparation of emollient products.
- Tocopheryl (and Tocopheryl Acetate) – Vitamin E, essential for maintaining the activities of enzymes in the cells and for the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and has been shown to inhibit skin cancer and aid in the healing of skin ailments. Vitamin E is a dynamic weapon against premature aging and combating wrinkles by neutralizing free radicals to stop the chain reaction of molecular damage and to protect the skin against oxidation. It’s also believed to protect skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays once absorbed into the skin.
- Glycerin – a solvent, an emollient, and humectant that helps keep moisture in the cream and helps the product to spread better across a surface – reducing drag and pull. – Non-toxic, non-irritating and non-allergenic to the skin.
Hand Cream with Shea Butter Directions for Use
Apply generously to hands. Rub into skin. Throughout the day, simply rub hands together to re-moisturize.