The perfect base for a flawless face, MakeSense® Silk minimizes pores, fills wrinkles and offers anti-aging protection. Use alone for naturally beautiful skin, or use as primer before MakeSense Foundation® for a flawless finish.
The Science Behind the Product
MakeSense® Silk Pore & Wrinkle Minimizer is beneficial to the skin in six distinctly different ways. When used as directed it helps make skin look younger as it:
- Primes the complexion by relaxing and filling fine lines and wrinkles before foundation application.
- Firms and Tightens by helping to enhance collagen production of skin.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores and wrinkles.
- Evens Skin Tone and discoloration caused from harmful UV ray exposure and helps to naturally repair damage.
- Hydrates and nourishes skin with natural ingredients such as Lavender, Blue Seaweed, Orchid, and Algae.
- Reverses signs of aging with SenePlex® Complex, a patented compound that increases cellular renewal.
Key Ingredients & Benefits
MakeSense® Silk contains many beneficial ingredients, including:
- Sodium Hyaluronate: a ubiquitous carbohydrate polymer that is part of the extracellular matrix. It is a humectant about 100 times more effective as a humectant than Glycerin. (It is the key water-maintaining substances in human skin. Harsh living environment and aging can cause the decrease of HA content in skin, and as a result the water maintaining ability of the skin is weakened and the skin looks dry and rough. One of the main causes of skin senility is also the decrease of polysaccharides, such as HA. The special structure characteristic of HA makes it highly moisturizing and it has a water content regulating function; additionally, its solution has high viscoelasticity and lubricity. When HA solution is applied on the surface of skin, it can form an air permeable layer and keep the skin moist and smooth. The small molecular weight HA can penetrate into dermis layer, fully combine with water, promote skin blood microcirculation and nutrient absorption and maintain normal metabolism, and as a result, it plays a role of wrinkle removing, improving one’s appearance and improving the health of the skin.
- Orchis Mascula (Orchid) Flower Extract: used as a preparation of emollient products. This powerful anti-oxidant provides free-radical protection and maximum moisturization. The orchid extract is very effective as a sunscreen.
- Glucosamine HCL: enhances the body’s ability to manufacture collagen.
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A): Vitamin A, it is fundamental for increasing skin elasticity and thickening of the epidermis and the dermis. Vitamin A plays an important role in RNA synthesis, known for its cellular renewal properties that speed up exfoliation to reveal younger, plumper skin cells which produces new and healthy cells in the skin and the body, This process of cell renewal and exfoliation helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin irregularities. Medical studies indicate that Vitamin A is effective in slowing down skin aging and in reducing the number and depth of wrinkles. A regression of pigmented spots has been demonstrated in medical studies with regular use of Vitamin A.
- Jojoba: Closely resembles the skin’s natural waxes and oils. This oil aids in the prevention of moisture loss. Spirulina Maxima Extract: Hydrating, skin-conditioning, and toning agent.
- Arnica Montana Flower Extract: made-up of many components, including flavonoids, Silicic Acid, cartonoids and essential oils. The extract from this plant serves as a fungicide and as an immune-stimulant. Medically, Arnica is used externally as an application for bruises, sprains, stings or wounds. Also used after traumatic injuries. In body care Arnica provides a layer of warmth and helps to soothe tired and tight muscles.
- Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract: keeps specific enzymes known as proteases from degrading skin proteins such as collagen and elastin, which are responsible for giving skin its firmness and elasticity. It can therefore protect collagen and elastin against the damaging effects of proteases activated by aging and through different types of skin abuse (UV, chemical, immunological, etc.). Used in skin care products, pea extract acts as an anti-enzyme complex and gives the skin its firmness and elasticity. A clinical study has demonstrated significant improvement in skin elasticity (+16.7%) after just three weeks of treatment with pea extract.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B): Vitamin B complex is essential for formation of new healthy tissues.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C): an inert earth mineral used as a thickening ingredient and sunscreen in cosmetics. It protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered to have no risk of skin irritation.
- Tocopheryl (Vitamin E): Vitamin E, essential for maintaining the activities of enzymes in the cells and for the formation of red blood cells, is also an anti-oxidant and has been shown to inhibit skin cancer and aid in the healing of skin ailments. Vitamin E is a dynamic weapon against premature aging and combating wrinkles by neutralizing free radicals to stop the chain reaction of molecular damage and to protect the skin against oxidation. It’s also believed to protect skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays once absorbed into the skin.