SeneSun™ SunScreen SPF 30 is an effective spritz-on sunscreen that is light and non-sticky. Unlike other sunscreens, SeneSun™ SunScreen is barely noticeable when applied as it does not feel thick, oily, or muddy. You know what we mean… other sunscreens seem as though they make you even hotter in the sun – like you applied a thick smothering blanket layer across the surface of your skin. Protect yourself while making your skin more beautiful with SenePlex® Complex. SeneSun™ SunScreen SPF 30 is oil-free, and you barely know it’s there.
The Science Behind the Product
The sun’s rays make us feel good, and even provide our skin an important vitamin, Vitamin D. However, the rays of the sun also can cause major damage to our skin. UV ray exposure and sunburn are a leading cause in premature signs of skin aging, such as wrinkles, age spots and discoloration.
We often think of good health in conjunction with glowing skin, but a glowing, bronzed color that is obtained from the sun or from tanning beds can accelerate the effects of aging, and even lead to serious skin health issues, such as skin cancer.
Sun exposure causes most of the skin changes that we think of as a normal part of aging. Over time, the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) light damages the fibers in the skin called elastin. When these fibers break down, the skin begins to sag, stretch, and lose its ability to go back into place after stretching. The skin also bruises and tears more easily — taking longer to heal. What you are left with is fine lines and wrinkles, instead of plump, hydrated skin.
It is crucial to protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays everyday- whether it is clear and sunny outside, or cloudy. Even on a cloudy or overcast day, up to 80% of the sun’s UV rays can pass through the clouds! Additionally, UV rays can pass through glass, so it is important to protect your skin indoors as well. Sitting next to a window, or driving in a car, harmful rays can hit your skin. It just makes sense to add sunscreen to a part of your daily morning routine.
Protect your skin with SeneSun SunScreen, which provides SPF 30 protection. Not only will it protect your skin from harmful UV rays, but it also provides another layer of anti-aging protection with SenePlex Complex.
Besides the inclusion of advanced anti-aging ingredients, SeneSun SPF 30 SunScreen is also unique because it is oil-free, and does not feel sticky or heavy on the skin. Children don’t mind having SeneSun SunScreen applied because it sprays on easily and does not feel heavy. Men and women love it because they do not have to worry about the sunscreen transferring to or damaging clothes.
Protect your precious skin from the sun and deter the signs of aging with effective SeneSun SPF 30 SunScreen.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
SeneSun™ SPF 30 is made of a combination of ingredients. Here are a few key components:
- SenePlex® Complex – Kinetic enzyme that increases cellular renewal.
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate – a clear liquid compound that absorbs UVB light; insoluble in water; used in the formulation of a wide variety of product types including sunscreens and make-up products that contain ingredients to protect the skin from the sun. In the United States, these products are regulated as Over-the-Counter (OTC) drugs.
- Homosalate – an organic compound used in some sunscreens; an ester formed from salicylic acid and 3,3,5-trimethylcyclohexanol, a derivative of cyclohexanol. The salicylic acid portion of the molecule absorbs ultraviolet rays with a wavelength from 295nm to 315nm, protecting the skin from sun damage.
- Ethylhexyl Salicylate – an organic compound used as an ingredient in sunscreens and cosmetics to absorb UVB (ultraviolet) rays from the sun; a beta hydroxy acid (abbreviated BHA) that can be obtained from the bark of willow trees.
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate – an emollient ester solvent for sunscreens that provides light conditioning with a silky-soft feeling for skin.
- Benzophenone-3 – prevents ultraviolet (UV) light from damaging ingredients.
- Polysorbate 20 – derived from Lauric Acid (from Coconut Oil); non-toxic emulsifier used to dissolve precious essential oils into water without the use of alcohol.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera) – most known for moisturizing, soothing, and healing. Recent studies indicate that Aloe Vera gel has the ability to enhance and accelerate cellular growth.
- Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract – a plant native to the South Pacific, which has long been a source of excellence for the preparation of emollient products. This powerful anti-oxidant provides free radical protection and maximum moisturization. The orchid extract is very effective as a sunscreen
- Algae (Seaweed) Extract – hydrates, protects skin from the sun, and softens the skin. It is essential in the penetration of the top layer of the stratum corneum and enhances the skin’s ability to repair itself.
- Glucosamine HCL – enhances the body’s ability to manufacture collagen.
- Yeast Extract – a dietary source of folic acid (a member of the vitamin B complex) aids in formation of new healthy tissues and promotes new cell formation.
- Tocopheryl (and Tocopheryl Acetate) – Vitamin E, essential for maintaining the activities of enzymes in the cells and for the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant and has been shown to inhibit skin cancer and aid in the healing of skin ailments. Vitamin E is a dynamic weapon against premature aging and combating wrinkles by neutralizing free radicals to stop the chain reaction of molecular damage and to protect the skin against oxidation. It’s also believed to protect skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays once absorbed into the skin.
- Retinyl Palmitate – It is fundamental for increasing skin elasticity and thickening of the epidermis and the dermis. Vitamin A plays an important role in RNA synthesis, known for its cellular renewal properties that speed up exfoliation to reveal younger, plumper skin cells. This process of cell renewal and exfoliation helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin irregularities. Medical studies indicate that Vitamin A is effective in slowing down skin aging and in reducing the number and depth of wrinkles. A regression of pigmented spots has been demonstrated in medical studies with regular use of Vitamin A.
- Tricontanyl PVP – topically applicable cosmetic/dermatological compositions well suited for both effective and SPF-enhanced UV-photoprotection of human skin, hair and/or scalp.
- Dimethicone – silicone oil used as a skin protectant.
- Sodium PCA – a naturally occurring component of human skin and derivative of amino acids that is believed to be partially responsible for its moisture-binding capacity. It is extremely water absorbing and at high humidity, dissolves in its own water hydration. Application of this compound is as a skin humectant that increases the skin’s softness.
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate – natural vegetable source oil that is non- greasy and moisturizing.
- Synthetic Urea – an organic compound topical antiseptic, buffering agent, humectant, and skin conditioner.
- Phenoxyethanol – an oily liquid used as a bactericide and topical antiseptic.
- Methylparaben – an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent used as a preservative in pharmaceutical preparations.
- Isopropylparaben – a preservative.